Linda's Reviews > River of Eden

River of Eden by Tara Janzen

3919132
Action, violence, visions and love slipping up on two characters that have been fleshed out well and show intelligence! I thought more than once...deja vu....the movie: 'Romancing the Stone' with Michael Douglas and Kathleen Turner.

Annie Parrish and Will Sanchez Travers each hold at least one doctorate. You meet them in the rain forest in Brazil at the beginning of the story. She needs his help to locate something special and she is not above telling stories, stealing and whatever else is necessary to find it. Will learns quickly that this is the woman for him but he has enough of his own demons and there are plenty of people that want them both dead. They are followed by some mysterious soldiers, corrupt policemen, and other shady characters. Think Star Wars and a look-alike for Jabba the Hut only with razor-sharp teeth.

You feel the humidity drenching their clothes, the excessive heat that causes things to stick to the skin, and the fear as they face evil. There is pouring rain, snakes and unknown creatures living in the river. You also experience the tension and mutual attraction they have for each other and there are enough differences between Romancing the Stone and River of Eden to enjoy both.

If you like a romantic adventure then this is the book for you. It is a keeper. Enjoy!
4 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read River of Eden.

02/01 marked as: read

message 1: by Lyuda (last edited Feb 01, 2016 09:56AM) (new)

Lyuda Excellent review Linda! Can it be compared to Amazon Lily? I loved AL but Star Wars and a look-alike for Jabba the Hut only with razor-sharp teeth.... not sure if I would like it...What do you think?

Linda Lyuda wrote: "Excellent review Linda! Can it be compared to Amazon Lily? I loved AL but Star Wars and a look-alike for Jabba the Hut only with razor-sharp teeth.... not sure if I would like it...W..."

Thank you, Lyuda. And yes, in answer to your question. I am not a big fan of SWs but I had no problem reading (and loving) this romance. I can't believe you have never read this story. :D

message 3: by Lyuda (last edited Feb 01, 2016 10:11AM) (new)

Lyuda Linda wrote: "Lyuda wrote: "Excellent review Linda! Can it be compared to Amazon Lily? I loved AL but Star Wars and a look-alike for Jabba the Hut only with razor-sharp teeth.... not sure if I woul..."
Alright then! On to my TBR in goes:)