Jessica's Reviews > Love and Logic Magic for Early Childhood

Love and Logic Magic for Early Childhood by Jim Fay

Aug 12, 11

Read in July, 2011

aside from the overly and ridiculously (at least to me with MY kids) unrealistic examples of love and logic at work with young kids, i actually thought the basic principles of love and logic make a lot of sense. i especially liked the idea that actions speak louder than words -- you don't need to give a million warnings, just one and then act on the consequence. i also appreciated the concept that you don't need to act in anger or frustration, but just put the kid in their room for as long as it takes until they can calm down and be reasonable. and then rather than lecturing or fussing or moralizing, simply expressing love to them. i was surprised at how well this worked when trying it with my rather spirited children. this principle in particular seems very gospel oriented -- you know "reproving betimes with sharpness when moved upon by the holy ghost and then showing forth afterwards an increase of love towards him whom thou hast reproved lest he esteem thee to be thy enemy."

anyway, like i said. i thought the stories given were ridiculous, but the principles are worth trying out. i'd give this closer to 3 1/2 or 3 3/4 stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love and Logic Magic for Early Childhood.

Comments (showing 1-1)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

Andrea I completely agree - with everything. That's exactly how I feel about Love and Logic.