Jamie's Reviews > Turn It Up

Turn It Up by Inez Kelley

F_50x66
Aug 12, 11

Read in August, 2011

I want to thank The Fiction Vixen for turning me on to this book. I found out about Turn It Up via a review that I found on The Fiction Vixen blog. FV gave the book an A- but I had to give this one 5/5. There was only one small part of the story that I was lukewarm on but it wasn't enough to detract from the rating.

Charlie has been "Honeypot" on her radio show - Honeypot and Dr. Love - for as long as she can remember. The best part of the scenario is that she gets to do the show with her BFF Bastian. Then Bastian goes and changes up the very foundation of their relationship by telling her that he wants to be more than just her friend...That he's IN love with her and actually wants to marry her. This is the part where Charlie freaks out. The real "fun and games" begin when Bastian announces on the air to all their listeners that he wants to marry her but Charlie takes it in stride and issues the challenge that she thinks they'll end up sleeping together before they ever even think about getting married. Thus beginning the battle of the sexes.

I LOVED this story. Once I downloaded it onto my Nook and opened it up I didn't put it down until I was done reading it. Turn It Up is one of those books that sucks you in and doesn't let go. The only part of the book that I was lukewarm on was "the kiss," you'll have to read Turn It Up in order to find out what I'm talking about. One of my favorite aspects of the story was all of the sexual innuendos that were sent flying left and right by all parties. I spent a good portion of my reading time giggling because of it. I thought that it was really sweet and enduring that Bastian wanted to get married and build a life with Charlie and show her that he's not like every other guy in her past. All while Charlie is doing her dangdest to get in his pants and find out what kind of lover he really is.

There were a couple of times I thought that Charlie was a little over the top but then you learn about her past and it all makes sense. I viewed Bastian as the rock that keeps her sane, even with the battle of the sexes raging on. The secondary characters I thought were fabulous. I hope that Bastian's little brother get's his own story soon.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Turn It Up.