Yuu Sasih's Reviews > Hammered

Hammered by Kevin Hearne

Aug 12, 2011

bookshelves: adventure, fantasy, fiction, supernatural
Read from August 12 to 25, 2011

The 3rd book of Iron Druid Chronicles really left me wanting more, what with the way Kevin Hearne concluded the ending for this book.

From all three, I found this book had the darkest plot. Unlike the prequels, this book has more serious scenes than the humorous one, and the serious scenes tended to make me tired and forced me to put the book down quite often to rest my head. So while I finished the previous two books in a span of 2-3 days, I finished this one quite weeks. But if you think this would be the hint for you to leave this book, no, you're wrong. Despite the lack humorous scenes (which I suspected due to the lack of Oberon), this book presented more fast-paced suspense, more dark conflicts, and more story twist. And when the humor get in the scene? It was still hilarious as hell.

As opposed on the lack of Oberon, we'll meet Jesus THAT freaking JESUS!! who actually being the most hilarious comedian in this series (yeah, Oberon, even you couldn't compare to that God) and in the middle of the book, I was highly amused with Leif and Atticus' Shakespeare-quoting duel when they're practically being hunted by a Bacchus himself! Oh yes, that Shakespearean banter made me officially loves Leif. I mean, how come you didn't love that old-styled, maniac-driver vampire!

And unlike the previous one where Atticus' problem all solved in the end of the book, in this one, even though the main conflict for the book has solved, there's just a warning for the huge problems Atticus gonna face in the next book. And with the way the Epilogue told us? It sure is HUGE.

(view spoiler)

Umm, and somehow I have this feeling that there's more between Leif and Hal, that duo badass attorney. I really need to see them in the next book! Why April 2012 seems too far awaaaay? *moan*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hammered.

08/12/2011 page 170
51.0% "wait. Atticus' moving? means no Hal and no Leif for the next book? Naaaaaaw~ I can't have that! I love Leif and Hal~"
show 1 hidden update…