Auntee's Reviews > Surrender

Surrender by Pamela Clare

Nov 27, 08

bookshelves: keepers, made_me_cry, historical-romance-american, husband-worthy_hero
Recommended to Auntee by: Kathrynn, Mellisab
Recommended for: Fans of swoon-worthy historical heroes
Read in November, 2008

This was the best historical romance I think I've ever read--all others pale in comparison. Scotsman Iain MacKinnon was a hero unlike any other--the bravest, kindest, most honorable man, and sooo sexy too. His relationship with the heroine, Annie...fantastic...tempestuous...erotic...loving, all that and more! There were many swoon-worthy moments in this one, as well as suspenseful ones, as Iain and his company of Rangers fought the French and Indians in many tense encounters. But this book was mostly about Iain's desire, need, and growing love for the lovely and courageous Annie Burns (formerly Lady Anne Campbell). Theirs was a beautiful love story I won't soon forget-- filled with passion, trust, and true intimacy. Add to that a surprising and tear-jerker conclusion, and you have a winner of a book.

With Iain having two brothers, his Indian friend Joseph, and possibly some men from his company of Rangers, I can see this series going on and on, and that would be just fine with me. I knew Pamela Clare wrote awesome romantic suspense, but I had no idea she was equally adept at writing historicals. The lady can certainly tell a tale! I look forward to reading the next one in the series, titled "Untamed". 5 swoon-worthy stars!
27 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Surrender.

11/24/2008 page 1
11/25/2008 page 35
9.86% "Not much time to read, but very promising so far..."
11/26/2008 page 170
47.89% ""Mercy!""
11/26/2008 page 203
57.18% "Loooove this book..."
11/27/2008 page 284
80.0% "Don't want it to end..."
show 1 hidden update…

MelissaB Hope you enjoy this one!

Auntee Thanks, I'm betting I will!:)

Kathrynn Iain was wonderful!

Eastofoz "All the others pale in comparison" --well this certainly looks like one I'll have to pick up!

Kathrynn Man, this was a good one! Iain's character has stayed with me...I'll re-read this one day.

How about the shaving scene? Haven't read that in erotic books. That was HOT.

Auntee East, I can (almost) say with confidence that you would LOVE this one! I mean, come on, he's got the whole Scottish thing that you love! And okay, the H/H don't bicker, but the love story is HOT!
Right, Kathrynn?!

Oh yeah, the shaving scene...;D

Kathrynn East, I feel confident in saying you will enjoy this one!

I think you will like "Ride the Fire" too!

Auntee ;-) oh, yeah!

Eastofoz It's on the list :D

Auntee Well, that was easy enough...;D

MelissaB I am so glad you liked it Auntee, it's my favorite historical romance too! I just love Iain to pieces.

Auntee I think I love all the MacKinnons, but Iain...yeah, he's something special!