Jim's Reviews > Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry Into Values

Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance by Robert M. Pirsig

6020795
Sep 12, 2011

bookshelves: auto-and-biography, spirituality-philosophy, lrp-going-further, non-fiction, read-in-2011, author-north-american, 20th-century
Read in July, 2011 — I own a copy

I have read this book at least 8 times over the years. An excellent metaphysical discussion blended with a father-son road trip. Inspired me to look into early Greek philosophy and explore my beliefs about rationality and the scientific method.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance.

Quotes Jim Liked

Robert M. Pirsig
“The Buddha, the Godhead, resides quite as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of the mountain, or in the petals of a flower. To think otherwise is to demean the Buddha - which is to demean oneself.”
Robert M. Pirsig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry Into Values

07/19 marked as: read

David Sarkies If I had known that this book was about Greek Philosophy I would have read it much sooner.