Neilam's Reviews > Farmer Boy

Farmer Boy by Laura Ingalls Wilder

Aug 18, 11

Read from August 12 to 18, 2011

I absolutely loved this book as a child (along with the entire Little House series, but this one was always my favorite), and i think i love it even more now, rereading as an adult. I was mildly surprised at how much detail i still remembered, 20+ years later. Then again, i know that my favorite parts have always stayed with me - the milk-fed pumpkin, the half-dollar, fried apples 'n' onions, training the calves, and feeding homemade candy to the pig (to name a few).

I certainly appreciate this book on more levels now, to the point of actually looking up to 9-yr-old Almanzo. I admire his fierce work ethic, his knowledge and skill of farmcraft, his sense of honor & discipline, and his appreciation for all of the amazing, wholesome food he gets to enjoy every day.

Farmer Boy is a joy to read, whether you're drawing inspiration and life lessons, or simply enjoying the story. Highly recommended for any age!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Farmer Boy.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer I feel like we have to make something really good this weekend if you are reading this book.