RomReader's Reviews > Goodnight Tweetheart

Goodnight Tweetheart by Teresa Medeiros

Aug 11, 11

bookshelves: contemporary

Struggling 1-hit-wonder book writer meets English-lit professor on Tweeter. They choose to not look up each other's identities or photos elsewhere. They want to get to know each other purely from their online chats. The tv-&-movie-laden quips & interesting day-to-day highlights they often share with each other somehow convey what's in their inner minds & hearts. The closer they get, the more tempted heroine becomes to meeting Hero in person. But when Hero reveals his big secret, heroine doesn't know whether she should block Hero from her Tweeter or her life forever.

I'm simply amazed at how Medeiros used online chatting to develop such a funny & emotionally-laden romance. I could even feel the main characters' sexual chemistry through their Tweeter dialogue. There were no sex scenes. The romance develops without Hero & heroine ever meeting in person. Yet I still got to know them well through the everyday things they mentioned (i.e., movies, food, pets). It was interesting to see how their career challenges were linked to their personal histories & emotional struggles.

The main ingredient that drives the excellence of this book is its emotionality. Medeiros weaves Hero & heroine's banter to make me laugh out loud & feel enough poignancy to make me teary-eyed. I loved it! The ending, on the other hand, I'm not sure about. I like my romances tied well at the end but this book left the future of their r/s hanging. It hints at it but mostly it's a big question mark. I do believe that Hero & heroine deeply loved each other but other circumstances made me unsure how their r/s would play itself out.

Well-recommended.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Goodnight Tweetheart.