Solace Winter's Reviews > Agents of Light and Darkness

Agents of Light and Darkness by Simon R. Green

Aug 11, 11

Read in August, 2011

Honestly, rating this book was hard. Three stars was the low end, four stars would have been the higher end. I went with three only because this book did seem a bit repetitive. It's short, and a quick read, so it should not be repetitive. Another issue with the novel is his search for his mother. It's like the author already had a huge plan for what would happen when Taylor found his mother but did not want to give the plot too soon. The third, and I swear the last, issue was that it was predictable. Oh, not the plot itself, because Green can just throw the most random of things at the audience, which I enjoy. But how it all came about, that was predictable. And if I guess it, it's too darn predictable. I will be the first to admit I am not very good at predicting what is going to happen!

Still, an excellent read with smooth prose. The first novel was excellent and I suspect the next will be as well. This one just went through the sophomore slump. With his ability to create characters I could not say I would be willing to give up on this. Just had a few issues.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Agents of Light and Darkness.