Katrina's Reviews > The Last Rising

The Last Rising by Rachel Firasek

Aug 22, 11

Read in August, 2011

The Last Rising will have you hooked line and sinker within the first few pages, a unique story Im sure one of its kind, that will have you in turmoil with the characters - have tears in your eyes, and your pages smouldering from the speed in which you devour it. A great cast of characters, crisp dialogue and a storyline and plot- different from any other.

In The Last Rising we meet Ice - yes the title fits her well, cold as Ice and has not been in love for a very long time. She meets Turner on her latest mission if you may call it that and dies = his life is spared. Turner's lost all memory from the plane crash, but the memory of Ice is still in his thoughts, he as been told its just his imagination - a dream. Ice is then sent back to Earth to stumble upon Turner once again, is this fate or is she being punished. Ice finds herself melting away slowly, falling in love with not only Turner but his son. A heart wrenching story, that Im sure will bring tears to your eyes, gasp in dismay and have you rooting for Turner and Ice just to get it on. ** Wait till you read the freezer scene !!!Oh my now that sent chills down my spine, and had smoke wofting from my reader - it was certainly hot ** lol.**

But will Ice let down her cold exterior to let Turner melt her heart and find her last chance of love and happiness?

Rachel has created an amazing story filled with paranormal elements, and a love that wil scorch your eyelashes and make your toes curl !! Wow tis all I can say !! I read it in one sitting - I am still in awe a must read !!

The characters are unbelievable, dialgoue sharp and a smooth flowing storyline Im sure will have you hooked till the very end. Sensual and loving - tantalizing and sexy The Last Rising will not only raise your heart beat but have you in love with Turner.. Rachel has certainly created a hotty for us to swoon over !!!

Rachel portrays her characters with depth and emotion letting the reader know exactly what’s happening. Pulling you along with the romance, builds the suspense until she creates a vat that will suck you in !!

A must read to add to your list !!! I eagerly await book 2 !!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Last Rising.