Lee's Reviews > The Historian

The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova

Aug 11, 11

bookshelves: given-up-on, assassins-vampires-and-other-cults
Read in March, 2011

I bought this from the Op shop on the way to the airport. Since they make me turn off my Kindle on take off and landing, thus depriving me 30 minutes of reading.
I tried to like it, I stuck with it, but there was nothing there really to hold me to the story. Picking it up every now and then to carry on with the plot is not the best thing, as I often forgot who was telling the story at the time. I did not bond with any of the characters, especially the original story teller.
I eventually gave up after trying it 3 times, and managing only half way through.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Historian.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Damian Dubois Someone else picked this up today and I thought it sounded interesting enough to try at some stage. We seem to have similar tastes so maybe this could be a big mistake lol

message 2: by Lee (new) - rated it 1 star

Lee Don't do it Damo. Don't do it! It is a dirge. You're right, we have similar tastes, I am confident you'd say "what the hell is going on with this book?"

Damian Dubois I'm gonna do it! Lol

message 4: by Lee (new) - rated it 1 star

Lee There is at least an hour or two of your life gone that you'll never get back. Bet you don't make it half way.

Damian Dubois Close to 70% mark now, Lee! This book would be great to take around with you if you wanted to back pack and see the sights of Eastern Europe!