Tanya Eby's Reviews > Julia's Child

Julia's Child by Sarah Pinneo

Mar 21, 13

bookshelves: i-m-the-narrator
Read from February 24 to 25, 2012

This is a Cinderella tale for working moms. Struggling entrepeneur working mom is trying to get her business "Julia's Child" more than off the ground...she wants it to float into every food aisle of Whole Foods. While I didn't really personally connect with Julia and where she's at in her life, I did enjoy visiting her world of upper-incom Manhattanites who dream green and dream big. Pinneo's writing is vibrant and clear, easy to read, and the book is filled with a lot of behind-the-scenes info on small-time and corporate food production. Plus, there are recipes. I might just make a muffet tonight.

Fun book, especially for moms who are trying to figure out how to feed their kids while feeding their own hopes and dreams.

UPDATE:

3/21/2013

First, I read this book simply because I wanted to, and then I had the honor/pleasure of narrating it. I liked the book even more the second time around, noticing little nuances in the characters and layering of the plot. And now I really, really want to try some of the recipes. I'd say I want to make them for my kids, but the truth is I just want to eat the Muffets myself.

A fun read that reminds me there's more in life than falling in love and getting married. In fact, there's a whole adventure that can happen afterward, especially with forward-thinking mompreneurs. A delicious read.
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Julia's Child.