Megan's Reviews > Beautiful Lies

Beautiful Lies by Lisa Unger

Jan 29, 12

bookshelves: not-mine-library, nook-book, fiction, mystery
Read from January 26 to 28, 2012

This could have been an interesting little mystery with a sexy and dangerous dude. Unfortunately I think this book wants to be literary fiction. Or something. The author frequently meanders away from the current dialogue or action to deliver little tidbits about the main characters past (Damn, I have already forgotten her name!) Or to provide a personal opinion ~ although the opinion doesn't really seem to stem from the main character, nor offer insight into her personality. Rather, it seems that this book has become a platform from which the author has chosen to state her views on various subjects.

Bottom line, this book didn't do it for me. Don't remember what on earth inspired me to try this one (although from time to time I really do enjoy contemporary thrillers) Regardless, this wasn't my cup of tea.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beautiful Lies.

01/26/2012 "Taking a YA break and venturing into contemporary adult fiction ~ I'm excited & also a little nervous about this one!"
01/27/2012 page 62
18.0% "So, I think I just figured out the big mystery. If my guess is correct, this does not bode well for the remaining 281 pages :/"
show 1 hidden update…