Ariel Cummins's Reviews > Zombie Spaceship Wasteland

Zombie Spaceship Wasteland by Patton Oswalt

Aug 14, 11

bookshelves: funny, nonfiction
Read from August 11 to 14, 2011

I think I should just stop reading books by comedians I like. After being burned by lukewarm feelings (MIXED METAPHOR IN YOUR FACE!) about Bossypants, I still had hope that Patton Oswalt, king of the Nerd Comedians, would be able to deliver a funny and coherent memoir. And yet, here I am, summing up this book with the same word I used to describe Fey's -- meh.

Oswalt's book definitely has some hilarious moments, and I really enjoyed the times when he talked about ACTUAL events in his life. It was the non sequitors and weird crap he threw in between those things that made me less than enthusiastic about the book as a whole. Overall, this book felt less like a coherent comedic memoir and more like comedic vomit.

I listened to this one on audio book, and Oswalt narrated it himself. For all the faults I found in this book, none of them involve his excellent delivery. His performance on the audio book was excellent and the production overall was top-notch.

Rabid Oswalt fans will want to pick this one up, but for everyone else, feel safe passing this one up.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Zombie Spaceship Wasteland.

message 1: by Brandi (new)

Brandi Smith Bossypants was amazing.