Jen Knox's Reviews > Domestic Apparition

Domestic Apparition by Meg Tuite

Aug 23, 11

Read from August 19 to 22, 2011

There's something so fresh about this book, the energy behind the narration, that made me read the entire thing twice. Domestic Apparition is a slender book but one that is so filled to the brim with a candid and lively examination of the depth and change that occurs internally; it's filled with an examination of the courage necessary when the glitz fades, the truth is revealed, and we are left to redefine our ideas about beauty.

Tuite's book reads like a series of personal essays or a memoir - it feels honest, as though the narrator is confiding in us readers, completely unraveling for the first time. Involving us, making us live the stories with her. It's the kind of book that makes me reevaluate the star system here because it seems to deserve so much more than five measly yellow stars. This novel of interconnected stories opens up a world that I recommend all readers enter and explore. You'll find grit and toughness here, but you'll find so, so much energy. And if you're like me, a good shot of energy is never a bad thing.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Domestic Apparition.

Comments (showing 1-3)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

message 3: by Meg (new) - rated it 5 stars

Meg Tuite Thank you so much, Jen! WOW!!! What an amazing review! I'm so glad the book spoke to you!! I so appreciate your taking the time to write this!!

message 2: by Sheila (new) - added it

Sheila Callahan Putting it on my list.

message 1: by Meg (new) - rated it 5 stars

Meg Tuite Thank you, Sheila!!