Traci's Reviews > Widow’s Web

Widow’s Web by Jennifer Estep

Aug 21, 12

Read in August, 2012

Favorite of the series so far. I'll make this as vague and non-spoilery as possible.

I really enjoyed the journey and emotional storm Gin and most of the side cast had to take this go round. In some of the people surrounding her we saw more acceptance, in others we saw judgement where there hasn't been before. We are also introduced to a couple of new (or not quite new, just not very fleshed out in previous books) characters this go round. Both of whom I really liked, one more than the other, that I think we will be seeing quite a bit more of in the future.

I really liked the way this one wraps up, its not in the air necessarily, but given what has been going on in her life and the ones closest to her, I found it to be very realistic. Which even though this is Urban Fantasy I still like when situations are at least believable. There is a scene in the very end that really touched my heart, but I grew up with three sisters of my own so I always love a good "family" scene.

I've heard a lot of people say they can't really get into this series because of her ability to kill and easily justify it. That along with the long run of info dumps, but I absolutely love this series. It is one of the rare few that I make sure I get right away and promptly devour every one of them.
I can't wait to see where we go from here.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Widow’s Web.