Jessica (a GREAT read)'s Reviews > Spell Bound

Spell Bound by Kelley Armstrong

Aug 11, 2011

Read from August 10 to 11, 2011

OMG. Kelley Armstrong writes yet another amazing book to add to the Otherworld series! Finding myself not use to this new route with her on the last three with the same protagonist following the same events that just keep expanding, which isn't a bad thing, just saying from her past books, it's sort of different. Yet I still LOVE it! Spell Bound is winding up the series in an awesome way!

First off, just about everyone is back! And I mean everyone! If they were a narrator for one book, they are here. Eve though, not so much. Kristoff is there, but we don't get to see or hear him really. He's speaking through Jamie. But ooh, I just loved it that everyone was there! I missed Elena and Clay and they finally return! Paige and Lucas are there obviously and so are Jamie and Jeremy, as well as my gal pal Cassandra with her beau, Aaron! And Hope and Karl return as well. It was like a reunion!

What I found to be really interesting was that some small, loose plot threads that got hung off in previous books were brought up again. Nothing was overtly resolved since we still have 1 more book left in the series. One thing I'm mostly referring to was in Hope's book, the psycho Jaz. He comes back. Much to Karl's disappointment. I've been looking forward to this just because he was a sickeningly interesting villain. Creepy, and I really hope Karl gets 5 minutes alone with him soon!

The cusp of this book is that Savannah has lost her powers when she gave them up, unknowingly, to fix the problems she caused when putting an old woman in jail. Problem resolved, yet now Savannah has her own problem. We get a glimpse of how she lost them in the beginning, but the answers aren't clear. There was more reason behind Savannah losing her powers and she will do whatever it takes to get them back.

She and Adam's relationship grows more as well, but it's not without its problems. They have a lot of learning and growing to do themselves.

It all comes down to a really action packed ending, just when things start to look dark and bleak...the end. Okay, not quite literally, there is still a lot left unresolved and the major problems are still active. We're going to have to wait for 13 for the final conclusion with the final showdown before saying goodbye to this fabulous series!

Overall rating 5/5 stars

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Spell Bound.