Shelly Crane's Reviews > Madly

Madly by M. Leighton

Oct 02, 11

Ok. Let me start off by saying that this is on my list of Top 10 favorite books. That is definitely saying something.

We start off with Madly, a mermaid, who's content in her life but things turn to upheavel as they usually do in stories. The one she thinks she wants soon becomes the one she might be forced to marry. The one she can't have soon becomes the one she can't live without. That sounds fatastic doesn't it! It gets better.

Jackson is a dream. He's moral and strong and fights with himself so hard to do what's right for their people and Madly. He knows that her loving him would mean trouble for her and tries to spare her that. He's harsh but sweet. He's rugged but soft on the inside. Madly is so blind to his utter fascination with her and it's incredibly endearing to read that instead of whining and aloofness about relationships. These two are destined in more ways than one.

Then we throw in some werewolves! Fascinating how she threw these ideas together. The action and background to the story was just right. There would be a twist in the love story and then something magical would happen and Madly would be forced to fight or bicker with someone. Then she'd be back to pining for Jackson right before having to jump in the water and be pulled down water drains.

Mrs. Leighton has swiftly become a favorite of mine and I'd suggest you check out her work. Her other series, Blood Like Poison is genius and I'm about to start her many others. Happy Reading!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Madly.