Ally's Reviews > Blood Hunt

Blood Hunt by Shannon K. Butcher

Sep 11, 11

bookshelves: 2011, paranormal-romance
Read on August 11, 2011

Hope appeared out of nowhere, naked and alone, a woman without a past. The only thing she knows is that she is imbued with a strange power. It's in her blood. And two men want to posses it. One is Logan, a Sanguiner demon-fighter who needs Hope's essence to survive. The other is Krag, a Synestryn lord whose desire is to enslave Hope, and drain her of the lifeforce. When Hope and Logan both fall prey to Krag, a powerful desire grows between them. But is it enough to thwart their captor's diabolical plan and his demon warriors, and survive a vampire's destiny written in blood?
It’s with a heavy heart I have to admit that I’d written down to give this book a full length review and for the life of me I can’t remember what I was going to say about this book other than the basics, which is really bugging me and most likely serves me right as I had read this right at the start of August and it’s now the start of September that I find myself actually writing the review which I’m trying to get out of the habit of doing.

Blood Hunt is about Logan who is not one of the Sentinel Warriors but a Sanguinar demon which means Logan is similar to a vampire as he lives on blood yet has been cursed and therefore cannot go out in the daylight but Sanguinar demons can also heal and they are key to the Sentinel Warriors survival but are very much disliked because they need blood to survive and the Sanguinar population is slowly dying because of their lack of blood now Logan and Tynan have been working on project lullaby trying to match compatible humans who have powerful blood to help the Sanguinar population survive. When Logan meets Hope he realises she is from powerful blood and wants to pair her with another man expect Hope isn’t interested in anyone other than Logan. However a powerful Krag who controls the Synestryn wants Hope’s blood for himself and while Hope is trying to find some missing people and getting in the Krag’s way Logan agrees to work with her to help her find the missing people he also has to keep his hands off Hope.
While I quite liked Blood Hunt, getting to see more about the Sanguinar demons, I was more interested in the secondary characters and their situations and where Blood Hunt would take their stories. For example I’m super excited about where Blood Hunt took Jackie and Iain and if they will get their own book. I’m interested in what will happen with Sibyl and Tori since everything has changed for them both and it’s so far unclear what will happen also Carmen and Andreas, I’m super excited for those two if something will start between them now a truce has been called.

Overall, I liked Blood Hunt primarily for where the book takes the series and what it sets up for the future rather than the overall story between Hope and Logan.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Hunt.