Gabriela's Reviews > Dragon Blood

Dragon Blood by Patricia Briggs

Aug 23, 11

bookshelves: fantasy
Read in August, 2011

It's been a long time since a book kept me hooked from start to finish. I picked this book up on a whim in the (small) English section of a bookstore in Buenos Aires. Dragons, I said. I must have this. Unfortunately I could not find the previous one, Dragon Bones. But curiosity beat patience so I read it anyway, after seeing some reviews that said it could be read separately. I'll be getting Dragon Bones in digital format when I recieve my e-reader. But not having read the previous one did not prevent me from enjoying this one. Surely I missed some things, so I guess I'll be re-reading it sometime again.

The main character, Ward, is really engaging. The first person narrative works very well with him. He is a survivor, but neither his father nor his new tormentors could take away the kindness from him. The shifting points of view, written in third person when not focusing on Ward, give a little extra. I liked the short remarks by Ward at the begining of each chapter.

A very, very enjoyable read indeed.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dragon Blood.

Quotes Gabriela Liked

Patricia Briggs
“Dragons and legends...It would have been difficult for any man not to want to fight beside a dragon.”
Patricia Briggs, Dragon Blood

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Gabriela Started it a few days ago and already love it. It's been a while since I enjoyed a novel so much that I can't put it down.