Jacqueline's Reviews > Lies That Chelsea Handler Told Me

Lies That Chelsea Handler Told Me by Chelsea Handler

Aug 11, 2011

Read from August 11 to 16, 2011

I have read all of Chelsea Handler's books and this one was yet another hilarious, laugh-out-loud funny book, albeit with a different twist. Instead of being written from Handler's perspective, she has assembled a cast of writers from amongst her friends, family, coworkers and even pets. Each of them pens a chapter revealing all of the outrageous lies and pranks that Chelsea Handler has told or played on them, complete with pictures and short comments from Chelsea at the end.

I was pleasantly surprised by the book, as I had heard it wasn't that good from some other readers. I actually found it to be funny and refreshingly different. Her style of humor is evident throughout the book so her fans are not too alienated, but it is not the same memior-comedy hybrid that she has utilized in her last three books. She adopts this style under the pretense that she was too lazy to write another book, which could be a lie or could be the truth. Either way, Lies that Chelsea Handler Told Me is a funny, witty read that kept me interested and put me in a good mood. Not the most intelligent and thought-provoking read, but a nice departure from everything that is serious in life. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is a fan of her show or comedic style!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lies That Chelsea Handler Told Me.

08/11/2011 "On Page 23"