Sandy's Reviews > You Don't Sweat Much for a Fat Girl: Observations on Life from the Shallow End of the Pool

You Don't Sweat Much for a Fat Girl by Celia Rivenbark

Sep 14, 11

bookshelves: first-reads, own
Read from September 05 to 14, 2011

There is something for everyone in this book as Celia hits upon many topics in this book from the TSA to marriage to the Snuggie. I found myself reading outloud to my husband in bed and the both of us laughing and totally relating to what she had to say. Just when I think I have my favorite topic from her book I read a little bit further and I find something else and change my mind. Her conversation (if you can call it that) with the clerk at the smoothie shop at the mall had me almost in tears. Laughing tears. With the clerks endless offers of everything from magazine offers, memberships, etc. - who has not had that happen to them? I will now try not to laugh when this happens as I reflect back to Celia's book and how she finally stops the endless chatter from the clerk (you'll have to read the book to find this out). I will definitely keep this book out and read it when I need a good laugh and share it with others. Thanks Celia for adding some humor to my day!

I did receive this book at as a free giveaway from Goodreads but that did not in anyway affect my review. I am totally honest about my review.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read You Don't Sweat Much for a Fat Girl.