Mia's Reviews > Saving Grace

Saving Grace by Julie Garwood

Aug 11, 11

Read in July, 1994

Where to begin?

In fear of sounding pathetic, I'd have to say that Julie's Saving Grace found me.

My aunt works in a hotel, and they always find books left behind (I know, blasphemers!). They store them neatly in shelves and, my guess is, wait for someone to take them home.

I was 9 or 10 at the time, when she brought me in to pick something out for myself.
English being a foreign language and all, I really didn't know which one to pick, so I reached my hand into the back of the shelf and fished out Saving Grace.
I don't have to tell you this was my fist love and I've beed a Garwood fan ever since.

My childhood was not a happy one, so books started to be an escape for me - friends that were there to make me laugh, cry and envision love (I had yet to experience :D) as brave and unwavering.

For a while there Julie's were the only novels I've read. :D

Needless to say, my Julie Garwood shelf, and Saving Grace, is a personal favorite, especially now, when it's too hot outside, so I revisit the Highlands and meet my dear old friends.

Thank you, Julie.

You've ignited a passion for reading in me and I will be eternally grateful for your books.

Oh yes. I'm a graduate student of English literature now, all thanks to this book that made me love English so much.

Time to go back to my book. :)
8 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Saving Grace.