Annika's Reviews > Mexican Heat

Mexican Heat by Laura Baumbach

Aug 11, 11

bookshelves: e-book, m-m, romance, crime-novels
Read from August 01 to 04, 2011, read count: 1

I started to read into the sample of the book - approx. the first one and a half chapters. Then I had the choice between buying or reading something different. I read something different. That's the extend to which I did not like the first part of this book. I picked it up a month or so later angain, bought it and hoped it'll become better. It did, considerably, but I had to get through the first part first. While the charakter development and the story as such was surely invented by both authors the first part was written by Laura Baumbach while the second part was written by Josh Lanyon. There is a very distinc difference not only in the further development of the story in style, prose and character description/development. Josh Lanyons part saved this book for me, his part was totally awesome. While I would give his part 5 stars or more, there is nothing special in the first part, I did not like the prose as well, so max. 2,5 stars. But the books is more then worth of the second part!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mexican Heat.