Read by June's Reviews > The Iron King

The Iron King by Julie Kagawa

Oct 05, 11

bookshelves: dystopian-fantasy-paranormal, on-bookshelves
Read from October 02 to 04, 2011 — I own a copy

The Iron Fey series seemed to have captured the hearts of many readers, and even though it took me a while before I finally picked up this book, I'm glad that I did. I'm not really a big fan of faeries, and the only fey books I truly enjoyed and loved are the Faeriewalker novels by Jenna Black. Reading the Iron King has established a new fey fascination in me.

The story began when Meghan turning sixteen and her brother being kidnapped by fey. As Meghan and her bestfriend Puck entered the world of faerie, the adventure in the magical world began. She met a lot of other-wordly creatures and she ventured to a life threatening journey with a cat and two amazing boys by her side. In her attempt to save her brother, she became in debt to many--including the handsome beautiful Winter Prince Ash, who happens to be Puck's lifelong enemy. Together they travelled to the world of the Iron Fey, to meet for the first time, the powerful crown king of the Iron court--the Iron King Machina.

I expected this book to be good--really good actually, since a couple of my friends loved and recommended it to me. And I'm glad they did. Though Meghan Chase didn't impressed me that much and I was annoyed with her in the first couple of pages, it was good to see her character improved. For a while I felt unsure, but the story picked up every thing instantly--from the time Meghan and Puck stepped into the Faeryland.

I so love the character of Puck. The ever-so-loyal-best friend of Meghan. Wit and humor constitutes his good personality and I enjoyed the book even more because of him. Ash of course, added more deliciousness in the story and I hope to know him more in the next books. It seemed to me that there's more to him than the first book convey. He's beautiful and dangerous and I can't seem to figure him out completely. The story focused on the adventure and self-discovery of Meghan rather than on the love story aspect. It was not rushed which is good but I wish there was more.

Full of non-stop action, adventure and mysteries, this book will keep you awake until your eyes could no longer cooperate! It's unique, magical and enchanting. I recommend it to those who love Faerie novels. It just might become your favorite!
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Iron King.