Sue's Reviews > Magic Fingers

Magic Fingers by Etienne

Aug 16, 11

bookshelves: mm-romance, mm-military
Read from August 14 to 15, 2011

I wanted to like this book; I really did. The MC are ex-military, army rangers...totally my thing. One of them is seriously injured, so the possibility of a hurt/comfort theme...totally my thing. Throw in a kid, which I couldn't predict from the blurb...totally my thing. Unfornately, the unemotional writing just didn't get me there. Most of the dialog was stilted and sounded monotone to me and there were hardly any internal dialogues. Could this be one of those instances where a male writer just writes differently than a female? If so, then I plead ignorance because most of the M/M books I read are authored by women.

I do have to give props to Etienne for tackeling an unusual injury. David returns from combat with an injury that affects him sexually. I don't want to give anything away, but when reading the other MC description of the injury, I received a visceral reaction in my gut. I felt shocked. I've never read about this type of injury before.

Like other reviewers, I agree that the first half of the book was better than the second half. So based on the unusual injury and the better first half, I rounded up my rating from a 2.5 to a 3.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Magic Fingers.