Francisca's Reviews > Kushiel's Justice

Kushiel's Justice by Jacqueline Carey

F_50x66
Aug 14, 11

Read from August 10 to 14, 2011

Imriel's adventures are not as complex, exciting, and descriptive as Phedre's but still an enticing read. Surrounded by familiar characters and plots, new lands, and new areas unexplored in previous books, it was a very good read. We wish to see Imriel and Sidonie triumph. I liked how they didn't let the lovers truly remain together. They were apart a lot of the time and Imriel found a measure of peace. Sidonie, on the other hand, does not it seems; not be allowed unlike Imriel with his Alban charms. It's nice to revisit the lands that Phedre and Joscelin visited and this time enjoy it more. This book lended more towards enjoying the surrounding and offering a more home feeling. It developed differently from the others. There may have been recycled words from the previous books and Imriel as a man wasn't as fascinating as he was as a child. Either way, in the end, Kushiel's love and justice reigned along with other Angeline customs and Alban traditions. I can't wait to read the final book of his journey.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kushiel's Justice.