Christina's Reviews > The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat and Other Clinical Tales

The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat and Other Clinical Tales by Oliver Sacks

Aug 10, 2011

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat and Other Clinical Tales.

Graeme Roberts I agree, Christina. It was my first exposure to the magical Oliver Sacks, and I love him still.

Christina Mine too, and yes! He is fantastic. Which others have you read?

Graeme Roberts Awakenings and Uncle Tungsten. I love the sheer beauty of the periodic table, as does Sacks. Every year, for several, he has received a sample of a rare element for his birthday. He encouraged me to read Primo Levi's "The Periodic Table."

I will see what others. I have An Anthropologist on Mars, but haven't read it yet. The story of my life.

Here are some others for you: http://www.brainpickings.org/index.ph...

Christina Oh my gosh, THANK YOU for that link! I LOVED Musicophilia and have been wanting to read something similar.

message 5: by Amy (new)

Amy This book was assigned in my freshman Psych 101 class. I really enjoyed it and it makes me want to go reread since it was many years ago. I'm so glad you liked it!

Christina I actually read it a few years ago; I don't know why I didn't think to rate it until now. So fascinating!