Melannie :)'s Reviews > The Fine Art of Truth or Dare

bookshelves: read-2011, to-re-read
Read from December 12 to 14, 2011

Oh my!
I need this NOW.
I could say I'm the person most excited about this in the whole wide world,

I bet everyone's excited :D!

_________________________________

December 14, 2011:

REVIEW TO COME... lemme just finish my swooning

__________________________________

December 15, 2011:

Official review:

You know what they say, it’s not very bright to get your hopes up because you know nothing is going to be as good as you make it in your head to be…
this book went past my expectations and up and up until it made them look like little ants in the ground.
No really, I loved this. I love this. The story is incredibly adorable and witty and deeper than what I could have guessed from the synopsis. Let me write you a quick recap.

It starts off with Ella Marino, who gives us ordinary girls a compliment when she considers herself one of us, because let me tell you, ordinary she is not. But she believes she is and that of course leads her into thinking she is invisible at her school.

Because you see, Ella goes to this school, Willing, where 95% of the population is rich and gorgeous. Ella has a full scholarship and a big scar in her torso that has her convinced she looks horrible. But my dear Ella also has a wonderful personality; she’s friendly and polite, but also very shy for the aforementioned reasons. She can be a little closed-minded when it comes to her flaws and I must admit I wanted to shake her some times.
Then I remembered, she’s 15 and has a scar, people call her Freddie Krueger… can you blame her for being a little insecure?

So anyway, there’s this guy at school called Alex, he’s rich, gorgeous AND nice; and as far as Ella is concerned, way out of her league. She has a twisted perception of how the world sees her, you see, but don’t be fooled because she’s pretty awesome. Where was I? oh yes, Alex, well Frankie’s only 2 friends, Saddie and Frankie, think he is a jerk that no way deserves someone as good as Ella, so they don’t approve of her crush on him.

And that is fine with Ella because she doesn’t see that relationship happening and she’s used to that too because Ella is also in love with Edward Willing, a (dead) 20th century’s painter with an undiscovered life that she’s determined to unravel.

Check out the full review (with pictures, and some Duckie from PiP goodness) on my blog:

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Fine Art of Truth or Dare.

12/13/2011 page 150
39.0% "I can't stop thinkin about it! <33333333333"
12/13/2011 page 212
56.0% "I don't want it to end! <3"
12/14/2011 page 311
82.0% "OH NO. NONONONONONONONOONONONONONO SHE DIDN'T! That mean MEAN girl! I HATE HER T______T NOOOO" 2 comments
12/14/2011 page 345
91.0% "OH GOD. Here comes 'the moment'..."
12/14/2011 page 346
91.0% "Okay it was not 'the moment' I was hoping for but a <3 moment <3 non the less.

I an IN LOVE."
12/14/2011 page 353
93.0% "THEE MOMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND THIS TIME THIS IS IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" 2 comments
12/14/2011 page 353
93.0% "And he did exactly what I hoped he would do! ALEX I'M MORE IN LOVE WITH YOU WITH EVERY PAGE <3"
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heloisa (new) - added it

Heloisa Imada Can't wait to read it as well!!

Melannie :) it's been awesome! :D

message 3: by Heloisa (new) - added it

Heloisa Imada where did you got it?

Melannie :) Ms. Melissa Jensen provided me with an ARC copy (:
I was sooooooo happy because this was the book I was most excited to read in 2012! :D

message 5: by Heloisa (new) - added it

Heloisa Imada Really? Did you contact her by email? I want one so badly!!!

Melannie :) Nah, she contacted me and ask me if I wanted one, so of course I said yes! I almost fainted I was so excited! and she signed it too! :D

message 7: by Heloisa (new) - added it

Heloisa Imada Really? OMG, this is so exciting! Can't wait to get mine, even thought it won't be signed....

Melannie :) Yes! you have to order it! It's very cute, I hope you'll love it as much as I did! (:

message 9: by Heloisa (new) - added it

Heloisa Imada Me too!

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Now I really can't wait to read this!

message 11: by Tori (new) - added it

Tori OMG....I'm dying to read this book.

message 12: by Raihana (new)

Raihana Awesome review!!! :)

Melannie :) Raihana wrote: "Awesome review!!! :)"

aw, thanks! (:

message 14: by Zairra (new) - added it

Zairra DC Um what does "Qu’ieu sui precieuse, Ieu lo sai." mean? Great review though and I loved the book! Its so asdfghjkl. Lol.