Laura's Reviews > A Song at Twilight: Of Alzheimer's and Love

A Song at Twilight by Nancy Paddock

2919684
Sep 13, 11

Read from August 07 to September 12, 2011

What keeps this book from being unremittingly sad are the lovely family memories and times preserved within. Especially beautiful is the section titled "The Old Smoothiess" p.168-170 and the photo that comes later of the same title.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Song at Twilight.

08/10/2011 page 174
57.0% "By page 128 I was writing in the margins, comparing my own feelings about my mother and father's declining years to what I was reading. Extrememly cartharctic, and sadly, horrifying beautiful. Such wonderful lives, such bitter years.

"The moment that connot be escaped can be savored. Even its whole bitterness." p. 74 Nancy Paddock This is a must-read memoir for a whole generation."
08/18/2011 page 193
63.0% "By page 128 I was writing in the margins, comparing my own feelings about my mother and father's declining years to what I was reading. Extrememly cartharctic, and sadly, horrifying beautiful. Such wonderful lives, such bitter years.

08/20/2011 page 202
66.0% "By page 128 I was writing in the margins, comparing my own feelings about my mother and father's declining years to what I was reading. Extrememly cartharctic, and sadly, horrifying beautiful. Such wonderful lives, such bitter years.

09/08/2011 page 228
75.0% "By page 128 I was writing in the margins, comparing my own feelings about my mother and father's declining years to what I was reading. Extrememly cartharctic, and sadly, horrifying beautiful. Such wonderful lives, such bitter years.