Neil Hess's Reviews > Unsilenced: How to Voice the Gospel

Unsilenced by James Boccardo

Aug 10, 2011

Read in June, 2011

If ever there was a book that got me excited to evangelize, this is it. Unscilensed: How to Voice the Gospel by James Baccardo is a quick, efficient and effective tool for those getting started in evangelism and apologetics. I wish I had this book years ago when I first became interested in Apologetics and evangelism. I purchased the kindle version, but plan on buying a physical copy just so I can lend it out to people.

The book starts with a clear, easy to understand gospel presentation (something I think more Christian books should start with) and moves right in to the toughest part of evangelizing: getting over our fears. The “Famous Excuse List” is refreshing and needed in our day in age. It certainly addressed issues I deal with personally in regards to evangelism, and put them in their proper light. This doesn’t mean I am fearless when talking to people now, but I am without excuse for sure.

There is also a wonderful section on more than a dozen common objections faced by evangelists. ”There is more than one way to God”, “It just matters how sincere your are” many of these knee-jerk responses are addressed and shot down in easy to understand language.

Toward the end of the book there is a section entitled “Varsity Team” which addresses how to talk to people of other varying religious backgrounds and worldviews. The focus and ease of this section is outstanding and has changed how I plan on addressing these groups in the future.

Overall this book is outstanding. 5/5 stars. I think anyone from the middle school years up could read and apply this book to their evangelism strategies.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unsilenced.