Jackie Miller's Reviews > Camille

Camille by Tess Oliver

Aug 10, 2011

liked it
Read from August 11 to 16, 2011

I found this book one day while messing around on my Nook. I searched for 'young adult paranormal romance' and quite a few books popped up. Most of them were what I would consider indie authors, which I have no problem with. The simple title of this book jumped out at me, so I decided to see what it was about. The synopsis sounded like something I would like, and there was an excerpt from the book that totally sold me on it. It was steamy, angsty and tense. Just what I was looking for (don't judge).

Let me just say that I really liked this book. The author drew me into Camille's world. I liked the juxtaposition of the proper setting mixed with the strange nighttime escapades of Camille and Dr. Bennett. The relationship between those two characters was really cool. Dr. Bennett is a genius scientist that is trying to find a cure for lycanthropy but might forget to eat if Camille weren't there to make him take care of himself. I liked how they discussed hunting werewolves the same as they would discuss what time they'd like to have tea.

Camille meets a rogue-ish young man. Nathaniel, or Strider as he is sometimes called, lives his life on the streets. He gets by however he can, but normally uses his good looks and charming smile to sweep women off their feet. Camille first sees him when she and Dr. Bennett are hunting a werewolf that ends up biting Nathaniel. They follow him and convince him to let them help find a cure. As for the romance in this book, there are some awesome, tingly, tension-filled parts. My only complaint is that I wish that tension had lasted longer during some of those scenes. Just drawn out a bit more, perhaps.

All in all, this was an entertaining read. I plan on checking out a few more books by this author in the future.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Camille.

08/11/2011
08/16/2011
100.0% "Review to be posted soon!"
show 2 hidden updates…