Heidi's Reviews > Do You Know Which Ones Will Grow?

Do You Know Which Ones Will Grow? by Susan A. Shea

Aug 10, 11

Read in July, 2011

The minute I read about this book, I knew it was one I wanted to get. The younger children that I work with really enjoy interactive books. The concept is a fun one (checking the reader's knowledge of what things change shape or size over time and which things don't) and the flaps are pretty cool too. I had fun reading the book and even laughed at the end. I decided to try this book out on my almost four-year-old nephew, Action Boy. I had to catch him between 'adventures.' Sure enough, he liked the book. He even wanted me to read it again. The first time through, he answered no at all the right spots. He said it in kind of a laughing, 'what a silly idea' kind of way. The second time through he did what I expect a lot of children do, he deliberately started saying yes, even though he knew the answer was no. He got a kick out of being contrary, I guess, but it was funny. The second time through he also started helping me flip the flaps (he knew what was coming this time). Overall, I'd say the book was a success and I plan on using it with my kindergarteners later this year. Highly recommended.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Do You Know Which Ones Will Grow?.