Mirjam's Reviews > Tempest Rising

Tempest Rising by Nicole Peeler

Aug 10, 2011

bookshelves: fantasy
Read in August, 2011

Came across Tempest Rising by Nicole Peeler online and on impulse decided to buy it. Zero regrets there for this is a wonderful book. The author created a charming supernatural world full of both familiar and unfamiliar supernaturals. I was quickly drawn into Jane True's world and loving every part of it. The characters in Tempest Rising are well-developed and likeable. In fact, they are the kind of characters who feel like friends you will want to revisit from time to time.

In Tempest Rising main character Jane True discovers that she is a halfling, in her case half selkie, half human. Being new to the knowledge that supernaturals are more than just fiction this is not an easy truth to accept. It's a good thing she has a guide to the supernatural community in the person of the vampire investigator come to solve the murder of the victim Jane found in sea. That he's handsome and interested in little old Jane is a definite bonus! With danger surrounding them every step of the way Jane and Ryu do their best to see justice done.

I really loved this fast-paced and enjoyable book, so much so that I ordered part 2 and 3 right after finishing part 1. If like me you love the Sookie Stackhouse series, you will probably be charmed by Jane True as well.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tempest Rising.