Courtney's Reviews > Too Close to Home

Too Close to Home by Lynette Eason

Aug 12, 11

bookshelves: christian-suspense
Read from August 10 to 11, 2011

Too Close to Home is the first book in the Women of Justice Series and it is mainly about a police officer or SLED agent and a police computer expert that work together trying to solve a case of missing young girls that keep winding up dead! I love story lines set up like this, they remind me of one of my favorite shows; Criminal Minds. I was instantly intrigued by what was happening to the girls and the babies and of course the police officers young teenage daughter who fit the bill for the teenagers that kept disappearing.

While I enjoyed the story line I was majorly disappointed in how it all played out!! I didn't really believe that 90% of the officers involved in this case were Christians, that just seemed too convenient and I felt myself not really convinced of all the religious aspects! There was way too much mentions of how God can fix everything and the only one I related to was the officer of the teenage daughter, the others were just too perfect!!

I was also completely annoyed with the officers’ teenage daughter and couldn't believe she would be as dumb as she was in the story! It was irritating to me!

What bothered me most about this story though was that I was bored, really really bored. I love Lynette Eason and I have enjoyed many of her stories and actually really like the 3rd book of the Women of Justice Series but this one just was not good in my opinion. It was not believable and not interesting. However, because I know Eason can write some amazing books I will not be giving up her writing and I think others out there still might find this story interesting even though I didn't.

Content: Very Clean

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Too Close to Home.