Sandra "Jeanz"'s Reviews > Outside

Outside by Shalini Boland

Aug 13, 11

Read from August 10 to 13, 2011

This is a post-apocalyptic romance tale. The World in the future is separated by Perimeters that are high security gated communities , where life goes on as normal. if you're inside you are lucky, if you're outside your survival rate is not looking so good.
Riley is born on the inside, so lives a good privileged life, but it all comes crashing down around her when the perimeter is broken and her sister is murdered. Riley forsakes her safety and goes on a search for the killer. Luc decides to go with her , as if not, Riley wouldn't make it past the security gates. What awaits Riley on the Outside is more unbelievable than she could ever have imagined.
I really enjoyed reading this dystopian novel There was a little romance, plenty of action, suspense,drama and of course a few twists thrown in. I will not give away spoilers but will say it didn't end how I expected. I initially didn't join the two time zones together but at the end it all becomes clear. In places its really sad and it shows how one person's actions can have a knock on effect on everyone else. The whole idea of the rioters and having to build perimeters was actually made even more believable by the awful riots going on in the UK whilst I was reading this not so far fetched novel. If you love dystopian you will love this, in fact I would call it a must read for dystopian fans!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Outside.