Andreea168's Reviews > Jocurile Foamei

Jocurile Foamei by Suzanne Collins

Aug 14, 11

bookshelves: bought
Read from August 10 to 14, 2011

It was an amazing book. I couldn't leave the book until I finished it. There are so many breathtaking situations. But I also like the idea of a relationship evolving between Peeta and Katniss.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Jocurile Foamei.

Quotes Andreea168 Liked

Suzanne Collins
“Peeta opens his mouth for the first bite without hesitation. He swallows, then frowns slightly. "They're very sweet."
"Yes they're sugar berries. My mother makes jam from them. Haven't you've ever had them before?" I say, poking the next spoonful in his mouth.
"No," he says, almost puzzled. "But they taste familiar. Sugar berries?"
"Well, you can't get them in the market much, they only grow wild," I say. Another mouthful goes down. Just one more to go.
"They're sweet as syrup," he says, taking the last spoonful. "Syrup." His eyes widen as he realizes the truth. I clamp my hand over his mouth and nose hard, forcing him to swallow instead of spit. He tries to make himself vomit the stuff up, but it's too late, he's already losing consciousness. Even as he fades away, I can see in his eyes what I've done is unforgiveable.
I sit back on my heels and look at him with a mixture of sadness and satisfaction. A stray berry stains his chin and I wipe it away. "Who can't lie, Peeta?" I say, even though he can't hear me.”
Suzanne Collins, The Hunger Games