Liz's Reviews > Heaven is for Real: A Little Boy's Astounding Story of His Trip to Heaven and Back

Heaven is for Real by Todd Burpo

F 50x66
Aug 10, 11

Read in July, 2011

This book, innocent in nature, has a beautiful message that everyone at one point in their lives needs to hear. wether or not they should believe it, or enjoy it, its something that is mysteriously beckoning and un avoidable. For these reasons, I take books like this very seriously. I believe this book genuine in character was not completely viable. I would have believed the book if the event didnt happen to a preachers son, but rather an athiest son, who never once stepped foot in a church and had any kind of afforementioned images to expand off of. The way the book was written, sounds like the preacher mr. burpro, was trying embelish events and situations. I have read many accounts of astro projection and leaving your physical body behind, and this story didnt quite add up as I expected. I wanted an account of the little boy who traveled to heaven anbd back, not the religious teachings of the little boys parents and mistery lessons. This had too strong of a religious stance for me to fully believe it, and I am a religious person.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Heaven is for Real.