Melanie's Reviews > Young and in Love: Challenging the Unnecessary Delay of Marriage

Young and in Love by Ted Cunningham

Aug 10, 11

bookshelves: marriage, christian-character, review-books
Read in August, 2011

Maybe “I Do” is Better Than “Just Don’t”. Amen! When I saw that Young and In Love was coming out I thought to myself “Finally!” Soon to celebrate my 18th wedding anniversary to my childhood sweetie, I was wishing that we would have had this book back then. The book is geared toward couples who are young and in love.. not for the singles, not for someone older who is waiting, not for those who believe in waiting for their career and all their plans to get their lives in order before getting married.

Our culture has created this wide gap in between childhood and adulthood called adolescence and that stage of life is getting larger and larger, now saying that kids aren’t maturing until age 25! Ted Cunningham has couples test their maturity level earlier, look critically at their partner and theirselves to determine if they are indeed ready for marriage despite what the worldly view tends to hold. He has them look at marriage as a privilege, a blessing, a permanent bond. Couples test their chemistry, compentency and character to analyze whether God has put them together as a couple. Without Christ the early marriages wouldn’t work out, but then neither do the marriages that wait until they are ‘mature’.

Ted uses key scripture in Song of Solomon, Ecclesiastes and more to showcase God’s plan for marriage. Well written, interactive guide book for all young couples considering marriage at a young age. A trailblazer book that I pray starts a new revolution for young marriages!!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Young and in Love.