Smita Jha's Reviews > Unseen Academicals

Unseen Academicals by Terry Pratchett

Aug 10, 11

I'm never going to give a Pterry book less than a five. This one was a little confuzzled, but always in a good way.

I don't mind being taken via the scenic route on a tour of the Unseen University, Ankh Morpork and little glimpses of Uberwald and Sto Lat. Pterry always gets to the heart of the matter by going straight for the jugular while also attending to several minor veins and arteries. And inspite of my previous sentence this book is actually not really about vampires except in a very minor way and is instead about all the other species (living, sane or otherwise) that you can think of that might live on the back of a giant turtle and conceivably want to play football.

As mentioned by other people it's not as tightly written as say 'Night Watch', but this is Pratchett and there's a lot of dangerously out of control Wizards about to lose their cheese board, violent Hooligans resisting change to their Football and Women from the Night Kitchen not afraid of pies, beards and chainmail. He really can't go wrong.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unseen Academicals.