Ruth's Reviews > Treasuring Emma

Treasuring Emma by Kathleen Fuller

F_50x66
Aug 09, 11

Read in August, 2011

As Amish fiction goes, this had interesting characters and a somewhat (though not very) different plotline. Yes, there was the romance between Adam and Emma, and yes, you can probably guess the outcome, but we were also made privy to the marital difficulties of two couples--one a couple with grown children and the other a couple with young ones. There is much hurt caused by disaffection from the Amish faith on the part of one character--and another is brought back through love.

Much is made of the Amish philosophy of accepting God's will and trusting in Him to care for you. Plans made when trying to to things "my way" don't come to fruition. Still, it isn't easy, as is shown by Emma's suffering due to the loss of loved ones.

While I think most who enjoy Amish fiction will enjoy this book, I doubt there is anything about it to attract those who have read Amish books in the past and dislike the genre as a whole. Grade: B.

I'd like to thank the publisher for making a review copy available via NetGalley. I was not obligated to provide a positive review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Treasuring Emma.