Nicole Acheson's Reviews > Ravens of Avalon

Ravens of Avalon by Diana L. Paxson

Aug 09, 11

Ravens of Avalon was an enjoyable book to read. It was very descriptive and you can picture very clearly the characters and events going on in the book. The books background is based on events that happened in Celtic Britain during the first century. The author actually did some research before she wrote this book. One of the book's main characters is the Celtic Queen Boudicca of the Iceni tribe, who fought against the Romans for the Britons to keep their indepenence from Rome. I enjoyed reading this book mainly because it grabbed my attention and deals with actual historical events like the Roman take over of Britain and an historical Queen of pre-Roman Britain. I found that after reading this book it made me think about what I read and have some questions concerning what would have happened if things turned out differently? Would the western world as we know it be a lot different than the Western world as we know it? I strongly reccomend reading this book, it grabs your attention and keeps you in suspense throughout the novel.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ravens of Avalon.