Sangita Takhur's Reviews > Om Chanting and Meditation

Om Chanting and Meditation by Amit Ray

Nov 01, 11

bookshelves: spirituality, favorites, meditation, yoga

This is a wonderful and very helpful book on Meditation. I liked this book. It is easy to read and easy to practice. This is the kind of meditation book that you need to read again and again from time to time.
Anyone can be peaceful and happy for an instant, staying mindful on the eternal sound of AUM. As you meditate on om your consciousness will automatically go to much higher level, instantly. Highly recommended for daily meditation.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Om Chanting and Meditation.

Quotes Sangita Liked

Amit Ray
“Om is not just a sound or vibration. It is not just a symbol. It is the entire cosmos, whatever we can see, touch, hear and feel. Moreover, it is all that is within our perception and all that is beyond our perception. It is the core of our very existence. If you think of Om only as a sound, a technique or a symbol of the Divine, you will miss it altogether. Om is the mysterious cosmic energy that is the substratum of all the things and all the beings of the entire universe. It is an eternal song of the Divine. It is continuously resounding in silence on the background of everything that exists.”

Amit Ray
“If you want to conquer the anxiety of life, live in the moment, live in the breath.”

Amit Ray
“AUM or Om is not related to any religion because Om was practiced before the birth of all the religions of the world.”
Amit Ray, Om Chanting & Meditation

Amit Ray
“You are a cosmic flower. Om chanting is the process of opening the psychic petals of that flower.”

Amit Ray
“Silence is the language of Om. We need silence to be able to reach our Self. Both internal and external silence is very important to feel the presence of that supreme Love.”

Amit Ray
“Perfect prayer does not consist in many words, silent remembering and pure intention raises the heart to that supreme Power.”

Amit Ray
“The easiest way to get touch with this universal power is through silent Prayer. Shut your eyes, shut your mouth, and open your heart. This is the golden rule of prayer. Prayer should be soundless words coming forth from the centre of your heart filled with love.”

Amit Ray
“Penetrate deep into the word "Om". Gradually the word will disappear and only the silence will remain. The word is a support. The meaning is within you. Om brings out that meaning which is hidden in your soul.”

Amit Ray
“Om is a living phenomenon and it has its own mood. Depending on its mood the meaning will be revealed to you.”