Rachelle's Reviews > Juliet

liked it
bookshelves: b-o-b-books, chick-lit, fiction
Recommended to Rachelle by: karen
Read from August 10 to 17, 2011 , read count: 1

Juliet is really two stories in one. First its the story of Julie Jones who has always been obsessed with Romeo and Juliet, and is sent to siena to find the treasure that her mother has left for her. Through her journey she finds out that she is in fact Giulietta a descendant of the real Juliet, Shakespeare's juliet, which brings us to the next story. As we follow jule we also learn the "true" history of Gulietta and her romeo.

This book actually reminds me a lot of People of the Book. The two stories are told side by side and furthering the modern plot.

Although I thought the author's word choice was sometimes repetitive and at the end I was left questioning some holes, I still enjoyed this book. I liked the characters. I was interested in what happened to Julie, I LOVED allesandro. Janice is still not my favorite though. I loved the setting. I felt like the twisting streets and contradas of Siena were major characters in the story.

Overall this was a great fun read. If you have any interested in going to Italy, Romeo & Juliet, or just a good book you should pick up this book. Ignore the holes and the repetition and enjoy

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Juliet.

08/10/2011 page 35