Rebecca ♥ Matrim, Kishan, Magnus ♥'s Reviews > On Midnight Wings

On Midnight Wings by Adrian Phoenix

Dec 12, 14

bookshelves: fantasy, romance, paranormal, memorable-men, vampires, adult, own-physical-copy, mythology, reviewed
Recommended for: fans of dark urban fantasy
Read from October 13 to 15, 2013 — I own a copy

I still love this series and the complex world Adrian Phoenix created. I love it as much as I did after reading book 1, A Rush of Wings, and being totally blown away. And I love Heather, and Dante, and Lucien more and more with each book. But I am giving this a 3.5/5 because I feel like the story is really getting drawn out.

Its just been a constant stream of Dante being kidnapped and tortured by vampires, psychopaths, evil angels, the government, other branches of the government, eviler angels, etc, etc. I am really getting tired of it. I guess this is all leading towards pushing Dante into becoming the Great Destroyer and then probably being saved by Heather, but I dont like seeing quite so much of it. Its starting to all seem the same.

Although the more Dante is tortured and pushed to his limits, the more I love him. I LOVE DANTE SO MUCH!!! But its not even in a swoony book-boyfriend kind of way. I just love him so much as a person and admire his strength. I sort of have two separate lists of favourite heroes in my head. One is book boyfriends, and one is just heroes--male leads whose romantic relationship, or lack thereof, has no effect on my love for them. Dante would be on the latter, along with heroes like Ender Wiggin and Eragon. But make no mistake, I am most certainly swooning and drooling ALL OVER his daddy. ↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓ (At least, this is how I imagine him in my head)

I love Lucien and I look forward to seeing him protect his son further, now that Leviathon has awakened. I also want to learn more about Annie's baby. That wasnt really addressed at all in this book. Is Annie the only one who knows who the father is? As well as the father. He seemed to have figured it out real quick. Things could get interesting. But please, dont focus the next book on kidnappings and failed rescue attempts! It took all of this book for Heather to track down Dante after he was kidnapped at the end of the last one. It was so frustrating!

Edit: I contacted the author and she said that the end of the series is not in sight for her. That she will continue writing the series as long as she can keep the story interesting. I guess I can live with that. Not like I really wanna leave these characters yet anyway.
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read On Midnight Wings.

10/13/2013 marked as: currently-reading