Misty Rayburn's Reviews > King's Envoy

King's Envoy by Cas Peace

May 03, 2012

Read from August 09 to 19, 2011

Taran Elijah is an Artesan and like most Artesans, he has a thirst for knowledge and a drive to develop his abilities. His father has passed away and the Artesan gift in Albia is dying. This leads him to crossing the realms to Andaryon. Instead of finding a mentor, he stumbles upon a treacherous plot. In the wake of Taran’s foolhardy actions, Albia suffers vicious raids from Andaryon “demons”.

Major Sullyan of the High King’s forces is sent to oppose them and instead finds that there’s a dark and treacherous force moving through the realms. One that threatens their friends, their craft and the existence of Albia if they don’t expose it and defeat it.

King’s Envoy is an exceptional addition to the fantasy genre. The world that Cas Peace has in her head for this series is MASSIVE! You can tell that by just the little glimpse we get here. We get to see the fourth realm, Albia and we get to see Andaryon which is the fifth. According to the glossary in the back of the book, there are five realms total. Can you imagine the possibilities?!?! I can’t wait!

So we have a huge world with lots of possibility to look forward to. That’s the first thing that stood out for me. The second was the fact that there is no flawless shining hero here. All of the characters have their faults. They make their mistakes and they have to live with the consequences and guilt that come with them. There is a potential to screw everything up at various moments and considering Cas’ cliffhanger ending, we don’t know if some of the decisions will come back to haunt them or not.

She drew me in, made me fall in love and left me wanting more. What more could an author want for a first book in a series? I’m looking VERY forward to book two.

Thank you to Rhemalda Publishing and Cas Peace for the review copy. It in no way influenced my review.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read King's Envoy.