Meredith's Reviews > The Secret Lives of Wives: Women Share What It Really Takes to Stay Married

The Secret Lives of Wives by Iris Krasnow

Aug 17, 11

bookshelves: first-reads
Read from August 12 to 17, 2011

I received this book as a First Reads Giveaway.

This is an excellent read, I highly recommend it anyone who is a wife at any stage of their marriage. At first I wasn't sure I needed a book like this but the more I read the more i realized I really need a book like this! It's a glimpse into so many different women and their lives and marriages, it's almost too personal at a point like a girlfriend sharing more information than you really wanted to know but the intimate glimpse allow for you to find an area that you can relate to in your own relationship. As you get to the end of the book you get to read the story of some older wives and it just warms your heart and gives you hope for how you can make your marriage last as many years as they have.

This is a book I will keep and probably read again over time to remind myself that it takes real work to find my own inner happiness but also our happiness as a married couple.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Secret Lives of Wives.

08/12/2011 page 1