Anne's Reviews > Palestine

Palestine by Joe Sacco

May 01, 2008

Recommended for: Non fiction readers, graphic novel lovers
Read in April, 2008

For the love of God everyone needs to read this book. Americans are so ignorant when it comes to the struggles of the Isralies and Palestinians. THis is something we need to know about and Sacco presents it in a real person to person manner that will leave shocked and horrified, as you should be. If more people read this book the world would be a better place, because people would have to stand up and fight!
6 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Palestine.

Allison I agree Anne, its a great representation and very unbiased point of view.

Devin while I agree with you, Sacco exaggerates a great deal and ignores much of the conflict to create what I thought was a much weaker argument for the Palestinians; by ignoring the other side of the conflict, his arguments in my mind became somewhat trivial and even superficial.
To make a strong argument, one should be less subjective and conceited so as to have the ability to acknowledge the other side, and then if possible venture to show why the other side is wrong; not why the either side is inhuman and demonic.

Devin other*

Blind_guardian I utterly agree. I was ready to march myself to the Holy Land as soon as I finished it, and try to put a stop to the occupation any way I could.