Yogi's Reviews > A Perfect Blood

A Perfect Blood by Kim Harrison

Feb 22, 12

bookshelves: demons, paranormal, shifters, witches, vampires, urban-fantasy, 4-stars
Read from February 21 to 22, 2012

A Perfect Blood started out slow for me and Rachel was seriously irritating my soul. Talk about being a whiny bitch. Great thing about Kim Harrison...........she doesn't disappoint and writes Rachel exactly as she's supposed to be so Rachel can accept herself.

There's a new/old group in town, Humans Against Paranormal Association (HAPA), and they're out to make sure all paranormal become extinct. It's up to Rachel, Ivy, Jenks, F.I.B, and the I.S to keep these ignorant men and women from obtaining their objective. As always, there is a lot of battling, curses, Tinks Titties quotes, humor, Rachel trying to accept herself, and of course sexual tension between Trent and Rachel.

I'm hoping this series comes to a close in a couple of books. Rachel, Ivy, and Jenks seem to be maturing and separating. This doesn't mean they don't have each others back. When the series started they all relied on each quite a bit in many aspects in their lives. This doesn't hold true in A Perfect Blood. Especially for Rachel. This is just my opinion, but I think she is gravitating toward Trent. Especially as Trent continues to show Rachel he's the yang the her yin. I'm stating here and now..........Freakin' A, seriously Trent and Rachel need to get their shit permanently resolved. It's obvious they digging each other in a MAJOR way.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Perfect Blood.

02/21/2012 page 20
5.0% "Well so far Rachel is being amazingly bitchy. No bueno!"
02/21/2012 page 130
30.0% "Ok..........Rachel's whining is getting old...........seriously."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

VampireNovelFan Actually Kim plans to finish the series at Book 12, with a possible 13th book.

Yogi I hope so............Even though this is one of my all time favorite series. I don't want to go on and on and on like some writers.

VampireNovelFan Devan wrote: "I hope so............Even though this is one of my all time favorite series. I don't want to go on and on and on like some writers."

I totally agree, especially since Kim apparently feels compelled to save happily ever afters until the end...

Lori I wish for more books! She has kept is fresh. Seems like there could definitely be more than 13. Although, I wasn't thinking that at the beginning of the book, when Rachel was endlessly whining! Grrrrrrrrrrr!

Yogi Lori - I'm glad someone else agreed with her whining. It's sad to think we have to wait another year until the next book comes out.

message 6: by Llsbear3 (new)

Llsbear3 Don't like Miz Morgan as much as the other 2 main beings
in the series.

message 7: by Llsbear3 (new)

Llsbear3 Very few writers can turn out stories that are as good
or better as they start out. That said PERFECT BLOOD is
a flop compared to the rest of the series.

Yogi I really like the early stuff too! The story lines developed with the characters and it was happening quickly. Now it's quite a bit slower. However, I like that the series is getting wrapped up.