Stephanie's Reviews > The Summer of Skinny Dipping

The Summer of Skinny Dipping by Amanda Howells

Aug 14, 2011

bookshelves: favorites
Read from August 09 to 13, 2011

WOW... This book got to me. I cried. And to think I almost gave up on it at the beginning. This is why I'm giving it 4.5 stars.

The Summer of Skinny Dipping starts slow and this the reason I considered not finishing it more than once during the first half of the book. I didn't realize at the time that this slow pace was necessary. It gave me a chance to really get to know Mia and eventually made me feel like I was her.

What is amazing about this book is how well Amanda Howells has writen the feelings of the character. We've all felt this way and this book helps you see that no matter who you are, there will always be that feeling of doubt and questionning. It's human nature.

I'm having a hard time writing this review because I am still shaken by the ending. In denial somewhat. I went to bed feeling like a part of my heart was missing.

One thing is for sure, Simon is not a character I will forget soon.

A book worth reading, but be prepare to question yourself and possibly cry... a lot!

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Summer of Skinny Dipping.

08/12/2011
66.0% "I'm still not sure about this book. The pace of the book is too slow."
08/13/2011
100.0% "WOW... It got good. Really good. It's the first time I cry while reading a book. The emotions are so real. My heart is broken..."